FRHD 2260 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Lev Vygotsky, Hand Washing, Body Language

25 views5 pages

Document Summary

For infants who are at risk or have developmental delays. Communication i. e. is the baby attentive when you"re looking at them. Preventive health and dental care (immunizations, toothbrush, bathing) Give-and-take interactions that promote responsiveness in infant i. e. infant pauses while talking on fake cell phone. Appropriate expectations i. e. what should a kid be doing at 1, 2 years, etc. Support environment (infant"s efforts are encouraged, and approved) I can do it attitudes promotes self-esteem. Awareness of effort and concentration vs. goals/outcomes. Need opportunities to play in various forms. Errors/delays in achieving goal are important step to learning process. Provide literacy-rich, environment via sounds, gestures, etc. Role models i. e. infant can tell between angry and happy tones. Body language i. e. eye contact, shaking hands. Provide opportunity and place for confidential meetings. Stage theory (like stairs, hierarchical, universal, invariant, sequential) Vygotsky focuses on the environment to the individual (parents) Awareness of one"s emotions, need to control.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers