FRHD 2260 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Social Emotions, Pragmatics, Father Time

18 views5 pages

Document Summary

Wehousen 4 principles of appropriate play: allow wide range of movement, stimulate the senses, offer novelty, variety, and challenge, safety and comfort. Trial and error in deliberate way (not random) Compiling info fuller understanding of concepts. 1 year, 70ish words (5+ a week) Proto-words: not real words i. e. bo bo = bottle. Phonological: sounds of language i. e. cat = c-a-t ~ 3 sounds. Semantics: meanings of words i. e. bird vs. mug. Adults begin to rely more on verbal suggestions and commands. Child develops greater linguistic competence adults are more responsive to child"s focus and interest. Balance between need for parents and autonomy. Temper tantrums loss of control, frustration. Stages of emotional growth: (greenspan and greenspan: emotional partnership and complex imitation, expressing needs, interests via initiative. Responsive to adults trying to engage her. Showing typical play behaviours for her age. Showing distress at time of separation from primary caregiver/parent. Diabetes: excessive hunger, thirst, urination, weight loss.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers