HIST 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Microsoft Onenote, Amen, Long Parliament

24 views1 pages

Document Summary

Elizabeth i: re-established protestantism / re-established the crown / prayer books in english. Many protestants thought her reforms did not go far enough. Presbyterians: another group of protestants that broke off. They would have many councils, hence their name. Elizabeth named her successor to be james i of scotland. English monarchies received the general taxes, but these were not enough. This made it so rulers had to be united with parliament in their ruling. Charles i: (seen as a catholic) attempted to force many religious policies onto the scots. To get more, they had to go through parliament who had the right to impose taxes. New criminal offenses were also made to generate additional money. Forced him to call on parliament (named "long parliament") because they ruled he could not end. Oliver cromwell: puritan, excellent with the military, created a military for parliament (referred to the. Captured and killed charles i declaring a commonwealth, who elected him their lord protector.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers