NUTR 3210 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Acetyl-Coa, Urea Cycle, Citric Acid Cycle

51 views9 pages

Document Summary

What is metabolic integration: the coordination of metabolism of different nutrients (i. e. proteins, carbohydrates. & lipids) across different physiological states (i. e. exercised, fed, post-absorptive, fasting and starvation) in relevant body tissues (i. e. liver, muscle, adipose, red blood cells and brain) Cycle that generates reducing equivalents, energy and co2. Glutamate-related amino group reactions/ urea cycle: 3 main sections, left side: Input of proteins feed nitrogen pool, tissue proteins and urea cycle via nh3 w/ outputs being urea and other interactions with tca: aa pool also produces pyruvic acid and acetyl. Input from chos (mainly glucose, fructose and galactose), which through several processes produce glycogen, g-6-p, pyruvic acid, lactic acid and acetyl coa that feeds tca cycle: tca links with etc to form main energy engine, right side: Lipids allow for storage and release of acetyl. Liver: glu(cid:272)ose uptake i(cid:374) li(cid:448)e(cid:396) is(cid:374)(cid:859)t (cid:396)egulated (cid:271)(cid:455) i(cid:374)suli(cid:374)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers