POPM 3240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Sampling Frame, Well-Founded Relation, Confounding

22 views7 pages

Document Summary

Census: systematically acquiring & recording relevant info about every member of given pop: i. e. the census of canada is conducted by statistics canada, impractical to use to study a whole population b/c (limitations): Time consuming (need to contact every member of a population) Tedious (need to complete listing every member of population & contacting each) Determine how many needed to be con dent in ndings. If subjects don"t truly represent population interest, then conclusions may be wrong. Target population: the pop which might be possible to extrapolate results; want the study results to be representative of this group: i. e. first nations peoples in canada. Source population: pop from which the study subjects are drawn: i. e. first nations peoples in ontario. Sampling frame: list of all study subjects in the source population (i. e. contact/identity info: i. e. names/contact info of ontario"s first nations people who completed canadian census.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers