PSYC 2310 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Combined Oral Contraceptive Pill, Theory Of Planned Behavior, Richard Petty

17 views4 pages

Document Summary

Attitudes- definition attitudes are not as simple as we think. They are evaluations of ourselves, of other people, and issues with some degree of favour and disfavour. Prejudice is an example of an attitude; its based on the most subtle differences. Self-esteem, is a product of the different attitudes you have towards yourself. People have the most negative of attitudes towards the simplest of things. When we define attitudes we can separate ourselves into boxes based on race, size, etc. very easily. One of the ways people break down barriers in society is to find common ground. Affect: emotions or feelings stimulated by the object of an attitude, gut feeling, not rational, not governed by logic ( my best friend is funny and makes me laugh, makes me happy) Behavioural intention: predisposition to act in a certain way, self-perception. Cognition: beliefs or ideas people have about the object of an attitude, weighing the pluses for making a logical decision (ex.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers