PSYC 2310 Lecture Notes - Juvenile Delinquency, Social Comparison Theory, Robert Cialdini

17 views4 pages

Document Summary

Persuasion principles of social influence (from chapter 7) Method of investigation controlled experiment: advantage: provides context for addressing whether or not an effect is real and which theoretical account explains it, disadvantage: eliminate other sources of influence. Participant observation: researcher becomes an observer and participant of the situation and learn the dynamic of the setting. Robert cialdini found that the key to successful influence is what we do before attempting to influence. Deliver entire skit of why product is good and the advantages all in one breath without a natural pause, no one can interrupt our members of society have no other choice but to listen. We don"t like to me surrounded by people who take but do not return. It applies to every culture and to every behaviour: if i disclose to you, i expect you to disclose to me. On cover page, we say if you complete, we will pay you .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers