PSYC 2740 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Agreeableness, Trait Theory, Suicidal Ideation

15 views7 pages

Document Summary

Promoted the view that the self-concept is multidimensional. Posited three components to the self-concept: the material me. Very surface level account of the self. Material possession of the body and the contexts that are linked with one"s body(ex. home and family: the social me. Individuals awareness of his or her identity in the eyes of others. Have a different social me depending on how each person perceives us. Each person in the world can represent a very different social situation: the spiritual me. Awareness of our mental processes in terms of our subjective sense of thoughts and feelings. Defined self-esteem: number of our successes divided by our pretensions (aims and expectations) aka ratio of actualities and accomplishments vs our expectations. Two ways to raise our self-esteem: increase our accomplishments, lower our goals and expectations. Erik erikson and the psychosocial stages of development. Posited 8 stages of psychosocial development: trust vs mistrust.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers