ARBUS 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Simultaneous Communication, Intercultural Communication, Intersectionality

38 views3 pages

Document Summary

Interpersonal communication: we communicate content and relational messages. Task oriented: communication with the intention of getting something done. It can only be covered up with more communication. The same words can be said, but never in the exact same way. Ic serves many purposes to learn, influence, relate, play, etc. Interpersonal communication is complicated: who i think i am, who i think you think i am, who you think i am, who you think you are, who you think i think you are, who i think you are. Arbitrary: it is only a tree because language-speakers decided that. Parole we all have a very small portion of the lexicon that we resort to using in every day vocabulary. Sending and receiving communication this module of interaction assumes that we take turns communicating (like email, a synchronous communication) but real life is simultaneous communication. Equality communicator1 and communicator2 simultaneously sending messages back and forth via channels.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers