Lecture 1 :
1)Sun is a star
2)Milky way galaxy: A disk shaped area where a bunch of stars stay together
and earth, and planets. (One of the largest out of the 40)
3)Solar System: Consists of all objects that orbit it like the sun, the planet earth,
the comets, everything basically.
4)Galaxy: Great Island of Stars.
5) Local Supercluster: A bunch galaxies together. (Milky way galaxy is the one
where earth resides in.)
6) Local Group: Although there are thousands of galaxies, there are many
isolated galaxies and many together (Local group) i.e Milky ways neighbor.
7)Galaxy clusters: A group of galaxies together that consist of more than a
dozen members(other planets etc)
8) The Big Bang: Basically scientists founds that universe is expanding;
galaxies distance further apart throughout time, so they assumed that long back
(14 billion years ago) The galaxies were closer to each other.
9) Universe Expanding: Universe is expanding, and small clusters of forms get
together and make form galaxies, distant from one another. Scientists say that
although universe is expanding, and galaxies are distancing, the individual
galaxies and galaxy clusters do not expand – Gravity has won out in this case.
10) STELLAR LIVES AND GALLACTIC RECYCLING: When stars are
made up of clouds and dust and gas altogether by the pull of gravity.
11) Star: Not a living organism, but they do have life circles. A star
is a glowing ball that generates heat in the nuclei, through nuclear fusion. Our
sun is a star. 12) Star’s birth: A star is made when gravity pulls the center of a
cloud and its materials, The center than becomes very hot and dense, and
generates energy by the nuclear fusion process(when the nuclei- meaning center
focus sticks together to build heavier nuclei). The star lives as long as it can
generate energy from the fusion..
12) Star’s death: When a star dies, it basically blows away all its
materials into space. Stars die in massive explosions called the supernovae.
14) After the explosion: When the star explodes, its materials are