Physiology
Course
Physiology 1021
Professor
John Ciriello
Semester
Winter

Description
Reproductive Physiology Male Reproductive System 1. Evidence that the reproductive system does not function primarily to maintain homeostasis a. Women get hysterectomies b. Animals get neutered c. Boys use to get testes removed to keep high voice for opera singers 2. The testis a. Vas deferens i. Delivers mature sperm to the urethra b. Epididymus i. Stores sperm and matures it ii. Can store over a month supply c. Seminiferous tubules i. Makes sperm (spermatogenesis) 3. Componets of a seminiferous tubules a. Sertoli cell i. Prouce testosterone b. Leydig cell i. Support and regulate spermatogenesis c. Spermatagoniaspermatocytes i. Sperm cells 4. Spermatogenesis 1 Spermatigonia MITOSIS> Spermatogonia > Primary spermatocyte (46 chromosomes) 1 Primary spermatocyte MEIOSIS I> Secondary spermatocyte (23 chromosomes) > Secondary spermatocyte (23 chromosomes) 2 Secondary spermatocyte MEIOSIS II> Spermatid > Spermatid > Spermatid > Spermatid 4 spermatid (23 chromosomes) > Spermatozoa > Spermatozoa > Spermatozoa > Spermatozoa 5. Testosterone a. Steroid hormone b. Lipophilic because it is made from cholesterol c. Bound to blood proteins travel through cell membrane
More Less

Related notes for Physiology 1021

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit