Psychology 2060 Lecture : Chapter 7 Notes This is for Psych 2060, taken online, for the Muchinsky 9th Ed. textbook. These are very detailed and easy to understand notes on Chapter 7 that I made myself. Headings and bullets make it easy to read, and I assure you there is enough

111 views12 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 7 performance management actually do and can be observed to make decisions (e. g. , about pay raises) appraisal administrative decisions and help employees improve. Performance appraisal: the process of assessing performance. Performance development: assessment of performance with the goal of providing feedback to facilitate improved performance. Performance management: the process that incorporates and feedback to make performance-based. Performance: is synonymous with behaviour, it is what people. Using the results of performance appraisal: identify employee weaknesses, these become the targets for training, performance appraisals in this context serve more as a diagnostic aid. Discharge cause: termination of employment should be predicated on just, organizations should document that efforts were made to enhance the employee"s performance and that firing the employee was their last resort. Performance assessments of broad-based competencies can be just as valid and legally acceptable as a job-based system of performance appraisal.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers