BI110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 36: Chromosome, Ferredoxin, Photosystem Ii

26 views2 pages
29 Apr 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Module 29: photosynthesis i: absorbing and capturing light. Two parts of photosynthesis: light reactions that convert light energy into atp and nadph, calvin cycle that converts into high energy sugars. Chlorophyll a is oxidized and donates e- to primary e- acceptor. Donate excitation energy to chlorophyll a via inductive resonance. Chlorophyll absorbs blue and red wavelengths most strongly. Chlorophylls and carotenoids work together to absorb photons during photosynthesis. Photosystem i: absorbs 700 nm light waves (p700) Photosystem ii: absorbs 680 nm light waves (p680) (p700 refers to the chlorophyll a special pair in photosystem 1), p680 for ps 2. Photosystem i can also operate independently of photosystem ii by using cyclic electron flow. Electron transport from photosystem i to ferredoxin not followed by electron donation to the. During the calvin cycle, co2 is reduced and converted into organic substances. Chromosomes of eukaryotic cells are individual, linear dna molecules with associated proteins.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers