CS235 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Demar Derozan, Walmart, Labour Force Survey

96 views12 pages
1 Mar 2018
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Quantitative methods of measuring the social, part i and part ii. Cs 235 c: research methods for communication studies. Quantitative methods of measuring" the social, part i. Quantitative methods of measuring the social, part i (this week): Research methods knowledge base (very useful web resource on understanding different types of validity and social research methods generally!) Mid term exam prep: think about the types of validity and the process of operationalization in relation to phillips" analysis in this is why we can"t have nice things. Largest single source of social and cultural quantitative research in canada is the federal agency statistics canada (a/k/a statscan ) This is also an example of a hypothesis independent and dependant variables. Michel foucault: the will to knowledge is the will to power disguised as the will to truth . Statistics emerged as a method of knowing the social through objective and quantitative measurement analysis for governments in the 19th century.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers