ADMS 3410 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Overlearning, Slow Learner

53 views2 pages
Chapter 5
Training objective is a statement that answers the question “what should trainees be ale to
do at the end of the training program”. The purpose of an objective is the expected or
intended outcome of training. It also describes the knowledge and skills to be acquired.
What questions should you ask when you are writing a training objective?
1. Who is to perform the desire behaviour? Employees and managers are the easiest
to identify. The goal of the instructor is to maximize the efficiency that all
trainees should achieve, not just present the information.
2. What is the actual behaviour to be used to demonstrate mastery of the training
content or objective? This is the accomplishment of the observed action that the
training program set out to be performed at the end of the training. Actions such
as “calculate” can be measured easily.
3. Where and when is the behaviour to be demonstrated and evaluated? These
include when asked to perform a 60-second typing test or wen asked to design a
training session. These tests help demonstrate and evaluate if you actually learned
and acquired the objectives that the training program set out.
4. What is the standard by which the behaviour will be judged? This can be for
example is the trainee expected to type 60 words per minute with fewer than three
errors? Another example would be the trainee list five out of six purposes for
training objectives.
Final written objective three key components?
1. Performance: what the trainee will be able to do after the training. What
behaviour the trainee will be able to display.
2. Condition: the tools, time, and situation under which the trainee is expected to
perform the behaviour. When and were the behaviour will occur.
3. Criteria: the level of acceptable performance, standard, or criteria that the
performance will be judged based off of.
Active training
Practice
refers to physical or mental rehearsal of a task, skill, or knowledge in order to
achieve some level of proficiency in performing the task or skill or demonstrating the
knowledge.
Active
practice
refers to providing trainees with opportunities to practice performing a
training task or using knowledge during training.
In my opinion, I agree that active training enhances training effectiveness because it
helps retain the information, skills, or knowledge being provided. In my experience
with this course, I’m using active learning right now. This course has multiple
chapters for me to learn and understand so I could do well on the examination. Being
that the content of the chapters being the skills and knowledge being acquired, I’m
acquiring this knowledge so I can demonstrate my sense of understanding when I
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Training objective is a statement that answers the question what should trainees be ale to do at the end of the training program . The purpose of an objective is the expected or intended outcome of training. It also describes the knowledge and skills to be acquired. Employees and managers are the easiest to identify. This is the accomplishment of the observed action that the training program set out to be performed at the end of the training. These include when asked to perform a 60-second typing test or wen asked to design a training session. Another example would be the trainee list five out of six purposes for training objectives. Final written objective three key components: performance: what the trainee will be able to do after the training. What behaviour the trainee will be able to display: condition: the tools, time, and situation under which the trainee is expected to perform the behaviour.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers