BIOL 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 26: Start Codon, Rna Interference, Transfer Rna

18 views4 pages

Document Summary

Chromatin remodelling to make genes accessible for transcription. Determines type & availability of mrna to ribosomes. Variations in rate of initiation of protein synthesis. Determines rate at which proteins are made. Therefore, mrna must contain code of each amino acid in polypeptide (protein) A group 3 bases codes for 1 amino acid- called codon. Codons are always sequences of 3 nucleotides, with no overlap. Always end with stop codon (uaa, uag, uga) Multiply for codons for each aa?- redundancy. Helps proteins against single base substitutions or mutations. The polypeptides may not be altered by changing one nucleotides. Contains anticodon (complementary & antiparallel sequence to specific codon) Function: bring the genetic code to the messenger rna. They bring anino acid that corresponds to codon in mrna trna contains anticodon where the bases are complementary to the mrna sequence. Trna, has 3" a(cid:373)i(cid:374)o a(cid:272)id atta(cid:272)h(cid:373)e(cid:374)t site, it"s (cid:449)ere a(cid:373)i(cid:374)o a(cid:272)id (cid:271)i(cid:374)ds to, to (cid:271)ri(cid:374)g it to mrna.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers