EDPJ 2000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Backward Design

21 views2 pages

Document Summary

Habitats and communities- grade 4 (understanding life systems) "tell me and i forget, show me and i remember, involve me and i understand: the last part of this statement is the essence of inquiry based learning -joe exline. The inquiry process: too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve. Discuss the relevance and application of their findings. Design and construct structures to meet specific needs. Identify desired results: overall expectations/big ideas, what do you want students to know at the end, we consider goals, assessments, determine acceptable evidence, what other things do you need to show students learning, we consider evidence of learning. Backward design: stage 1: identify desired results, stage 2: determine acceptable evidence, stage 3: plan learning experiences and instruction. Curriculum connections: where does this lesson fit into your overall unit planning- introductory, middle, end, consider the prior knowledge/experience of your students, check curriculum for previous grades, kwl chart, brainstorming charts, etc.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers