EECS 1019 Lecture Notes - Lecture 25: Cash Flow, Weighted Arithmetic Mean

29 views2 pages
EECS 1019 Lecture 25 Notes
Introduction
Multinational Model
In making decisions that affect its cost of debt or equity for one or more projects, the
firm also affects the weighted average of its cost of capital and thus the required rate of
return.
If the fi’s edit atig is suddel loeed, fo eaple, the its ost of apital ill
probably increase and so will its required rate of return.
Holdig othe fatos ostat, a iease i the fi’s euied ate of etu ill
reduce the value of the firm because expected cash flows must be discounted at a
higher interest rate.
Coesel, a deease i the fi’s euied ate of etu ill iease the alue of the
firm because expected cash flows are discounted at a lower required rate of return.
A MNC’s alue a e speified i the sae ae as a puel doesti fi’s alue.
However, consider that the expected cash flows generated by a U.S.-ased MNC’s
parent in period t may be coming from various countries and so may be denominated in
different foreign currencies.
The foreign currency cash flows will be converted into dollars.
Thus, the expected dollar cash flows to be received at the end of period t are equal to
the sum of the products of cash flows denominated in each currency j multiplied by the
expected exchange rate at which currency j could be converted into dollars by the MNC
at the end of period t: EðCF$,tÞ ¼ Xm j¼1 ½EðCFj,tÞ EðSj,t Þ
Here CFj,t represents the amount of cash flow denominated in a particular foreign
currency j at the end of period t, and Sj,t denotes the exchange rate at which the foreign
currency (measured in dollars per unit of the foreign currency) can be converted to
dollars at the end of period t.
Affect its cost of debt or equity for one or more projects, the firm also affects the
weighted average of its cost of capital and thus the required rate of return.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
plummouse698 and 38740 others unlocked
EECS 1019 Full Course Notes
EECS 1019 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
8 documents

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help