HIST 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 40: Lunch Counter, Robben Island, Ezell Blair Jr.

15 views4 pages

Document Summary

Course director: prof. d. neill: apartheid and jim crow: racism in south africa and the united states, key terms. National association for the advancement of colored peoples (naacp) An official policy of racial inequality and segregation: apartheid as a system. Institutionalizing racism in the us: segregated buses, schools, drinking fountains, lunch counters, cemeteries, hospitals, beaches, prisons, sporting events, libraries, liquor stores, enforcers: the ku klux klan. A public lynching: fighting apartheid: nelson mandela and the anc. Mandela burning his pass a document required to identify race and homeland : the african national congress, massive resistance, mandela arrested and in 1964 sent to prison for life. Mandela repairing prisoner clothes on robben island, 1968. I have fought against white domination, and i have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers