HLST 2040 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Computerized Physician Order Entry, Personal Health Record, Canada Health Infoway

126 views8 pages

Document Summary

Hlst 2040 consumer and mobile health informatics l7. But not to be confused with canada health infoway. Fda = food and drug administration (us) Chronic diseases; phr; results; nutrition; and more. Share symptoms, diagnoses and potential course of treatment with peers. Internet access to information of various levels of quality through social networking, information sharing, and healthcare sites. Phr for hospital visits (e. g. , mychart sunnybrook) ehealth era (cid:858)i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374)(cid:859) was (cid:272)ha(cid:374)ged to (cid:858)i(cid:374)for(cid:373)ati(cid:272)s(cid:859) i(cid:374) 2001. Consumers interact directly with the healthcare data online. New possibilities for peer-to-peer communication among patients, caregivers and. Some areas of consumer health informatics: personal health records. E. g. , a si(cid:374)gle hospital or do(cid:272)tor(cid:859)s offi(cid:272)e. Access to such items as registration, medication refills, lab results, appointments, education, messaging, care plan. Improve quality of care: telehealth (telemedicine) Use of telecommunications technology to provide healthcare at a distance. Improves access to medical services especially outside of urban areas.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers