KINE 3000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Positive Feedback

74 views4 pages

Document Summary

Children are innately motivated to be competent in all areas of achievement that they value and feel they have control over. If you don"t feel something has much value or importance, then you are not really motivated. Positive feedback from significant others can create positive emotions which enhance perceived competence. Competence motivation model: mastery attempts (sport choices, intensity, persistence) influences feedback (from significant others, or self evaluation) which in turn influences perceived competence (perceived control, perceived value) which then influences your competence motivation. Emotion lays in the centre of all of these things! (cid:1) (cid:1) 5 domains children want to excel in: social, athletic, physical appearance, behavioural conduct, academic. Number of domains increases for adults; examples include: romantic appeal, close friendships, job competence. An individuals value of a domain influences their sense of self-worth in that domain i"m good in school, but i wish i were good in sports .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers