KINE 1020 Lecture : Respiratory Disease.docx

59 views3 pages

Document Summary

Asthma, chronic pulmonary disease, bronchitis, emphysema, pulmonary fibrosis. Pulmonary circulation disease: clotting, scarring or inflammation of the blood vessels, less capable of taking up oxygen and releasing carbon dioxide, may also affect heart function i. e. pulmonary embolism, pulmonary arterial hypertension, pulmonary hemorrhage. Restrictive lung tissues disease: affects the structure of the lung, like wearing a a too-tight vest, can"t take a deep breath. i. e. pulmonary fibrosis, sarcodiosis, severe obesity. Airway diseases- narrowing or blockage of the airways i. e. asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: like breathing through a straw. Is a severe lateral curve in the spine: deformation in the chest wall limits chest movements reduced lung volumes, they have surgeries to make the bend more straight which helps them breathe better. Is an immune disease that causes lumps of fibrous tissues called granulomas on the skin and organs: commonly on the lungs.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers