NATS 1700 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Desktop Publishing, Word Processor

60 views2 pages
15 Aug 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Children might not be able to question the validity of the information. Technology does not decrease teacher workloads, can make their job harder. The global education and training market over 4. 5 trillion dollars. Education and training is the second largest sector of the us economy. Steve jobs opinion: he did(cid:374)"t (cid:271)elie(cid:448)e i(cid:374) e-education. School started and finished early to leave time for chores. That"s (cid:449)h(cid:455) (cid:449)e do(cid:374)"t atte(cid:374)d s(cid:272)hool i(cid:374) the su(cid:373)(cid:373)er. Followed the factory model: teaching students basic skills and facts needed for industrial jobs which they kept for life, cam and left at certain times. Large schools where students sat in neat row. Various web tools: social networks, blogs, and wikis. Once students learn to use these tools, they can put them to work in and out of school. Teachers to use some of the same tools for better teaching of anything. I(cid:374) toda(cid:455)"s s(cid:272)hools digital-immigrants teach digital-natives: teachers should adapt to the digital-natives generation culture, computer games.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers