PSYC 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: 18 Months, Belief Perseverance, Confirmation Bias

35 views3 pages
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

If o(cid:374)e"s physi(cid:272)al or mental state on mood is the same at encoding and retrieval, recall will be more likely to occur. S: mood congruent memory: the tendency for us to remember experiences that are consistent with the mood that we are in (eg. positive mood = positive experience memory) Interference (competition from other materials materials that you are trying to not remember/retrieve: learning. Complexity of info amount of info type of info in retention interval, influences the ability to retrieve: two types: Newer info interferes with the recall of older previously learnt info. Older info interferes with the recall of newer info: serial position effect. Remembering more things from the beginning or the end of a list. Primacy effect: recalling information/items at the beginning of a list more information is recalled from long-term memory. We (cid:373)ake i(cid:374)terfere(cid:374)(cid:272)es a(cid:374) (cid:862)fill i(cid:374)(cid:863) (cid:373)issi(cid:374)g i(cid:374)fo. Types of memory construction errors: misinformation effect.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers