PSYC 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Heredity, Midlife Crisis

119 views4 pages
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

Identity formation: who am i, acquire self-certainty, self-esteem, develop comfortable sexual identity, make plans for future career where am i going in life, differentiate between legitimate and random authority, make an ideological commitment (find set of values) Personality development: self-esteem tends to increase slowly from early adulthood through middle age, peaking at about age 60, women shore slightly lower in self-esteem, personality in adulthood is characterized by both stability and change. Despair late adulthood: a(cid:448)oid the te(cid:374)de(cid:374)(cid:272)(cid:455) to d(cid:449)ell o(cid:374) (cid:373)istakes of the past a(cid:374)d o(cid:374)e"s up(cid:272)o(cid:373)i(cid:374)g death, find meaning and satisfaction in their lives rather than wallow in bitterness and resentment. Family life cycle: sequences of stages that families tend to progress through. Shifting social trends are altering the traditional family cycle. Typical family husband and wife with kid, husband is the breadwinner and wife at home not very common now. Young adults postponing marriage until late 20-earl(cid:455) 30"s % rising dramatically.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers