SOSC 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Social Fact, Erving Goffman, Attachment Theory

25 views2 pages

Document Summary

Once you decide what you are doing, your opinion doesn"t matter. Every step of the way, the research that you do is there to help people and support underdog. Social facts - social facts exerts power over individuals. Weber was focused on capilist society and was based on rationality. More contemporary (supersize me) does exactly what bureaucracy does. Agency is the capacity that a individual has for action. Mead about self i & me & generalized other. Are trying to understand and analyze the social world and the individual and the connection between them. They need to work together stimulate to produce and reproduce each other. Tryi(cid:374)g to get a(cid:272)ross the idea the so(cid:272)ial a(cid:374)d the i(cid:374)dividual he is (cid:374)ot (cid:271)or(cid:374) (cid:449)ith a prefere(cid:374)(cid:272)e, ho(cid:449) does (cid:449)a(cid:374)ts out there (cid:271)e(cid:272)o(cid:373)e a parrot of (cid:449)hat"s i(cid:374) the i(cid:374)dividuals life. Who is external to you are reflecting back to you. Its a fundamental unit for the formation of self.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers