CRJ 308 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Physical Strength, Liberal Feminism, Masculinity

32 views6 pages

Document Summary

The revisionist position emerged and with contact with the criminal justice system it increased recidivism a. ii. Argued the main immediate cause of delinquent behavior is the reflected appraisals of others a. ii. 1. b. i. Delinquents think people see them as delinquents so they do delinquent things a. ii. 2. Argues that when criminal act occurs, attempts are made to shame the person a. ii. 2. b. More likely when individuals are enmeshed in multiple relationships of interdependency and live in a communitarian society a. ii. 3. Defiance = net increase in prevalence, incidence, or seriousness of future offending against sanctioning community caused by proud, shameless reaction to the administration of criminal sanction a. ii. 3. c. i. Offender defines criminal sanctions as unfair (legitimacy) a. ii. 3. d. ii. Offender is poorly bonded to or alienated from the sanctioning agent or community the agent represents (social bonds) a. ii. 3. d. iii. Offender defines or refuses to acknowledge the shame the sanction as caused (pride: policy implication b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers