APSY2216 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Concurrent Validity, Criterion Validity, Content Validity

19 views4 pages

Document Summary

Friday: finish content and review for exam. Do practice problems and come to class with questions on friday. Validity - appropriateness, meaningfulness, correctness, and usefulness of the inferences a researcher makes, think accuracy. External validity - degree to which the results of a study can be generalized to different populations and contexts, discussed in relation to sampling procedures. Instrument validity - degree to which evidence supports inferences the researcher makes based on the data he collects using a particular instrument particular study? behavior in the classroom. Will the conclusions i make based on this study also be valid for groups/environments not in this. Ecological validity - depends on where participants were tested. Ex: if you study children in a lab, you can"t necessarily generalize those results to their. Population validity - ability to generalize to larger population accurately. Does the instrument measure what it is supposed to measure such that i can make the conclusions i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers