APSY1030 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Diana Baumrind, Harry Harlow, James Marcia

43 views5 pages

Document Summary

Attachment mental bond between people: children typically attached to parents. Females who were reared in isolation for first 6 months were not interested in sex, then when artificially inseminated, did not care for babies. Babies preferred cloth monkey over wire monkey with bottle comfort. Different types of attachment romantic relationships: securely attached children earn higher grades and are more involved, display of emotion, parental sensitivity, about 15% are insecurely/ambivantly attached. Have secure base more willing to explore, confident, even if know that they"re separate (cid:498)i"m fast, i have brown hair, i"m short(cid:499: elementary school refined conception. I"m tall, but she is taller than i am comparisons: middle school inter-related with peer relationships. Look in the mirror and realize that the image is themselves. 3-4 years old, kids describe themselves in more concrete. Observable, physical characteristics: impacted by secure attachment, emerges in early stages of life. Show distress when separated from caregivers, therefore they characteristics.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers