MGMT1021 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Motivation, Leonard Shoen

37 views2 pages

Document Summary

Session 11: ideation process: understanding creativity, definition a. i. Creativity: the development of novel and useful ideas by an individual or small group working together a. i. 1. a. i. 2. Useful: appropriate or valuable within a particular domain a. i. 3. This definition refers to creativity in organizations a. ii. a. iii. Idea generation is part of the creative process. Refers to the implementation of creative ideas within organizations a. iii. 2. Innovation is built on creative ideas as the basic elements. Organizational innovation is the successful implementation of creative ideas within an organization. a. iii. 3. Need both the new idea (creativity) and plan to: examples of creativity implement (innovation) b. i. Big c creativity: brand new idea for process, product, or service b. ii. Little c creativity: take an existing idea from one domain and apply it in another; make a tweak to an existing idea: requirements for creativity c. i. Expertise, technical skills, innate talent in the domain c. ii. Flexible cognitive style, traits like openness to experience, persistence.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers