MGMT1021 Lecture Notes - Lecture 22: Crowdsourcing, Fokker E.Ii, Interpersonal Relationship

25 views2 pages

Document Summary

Session 22: organizing for change revisited: two views on organizing, rational: organizations are for managers to design; by a rational calculus, natural: organizations should be allowed to rise naturally as an improvisation of people acting together. Group organizes itself through play : what is play, not one activity, but a way of acting a. i. Acting with other another and against one another (play is a cooperative contest; competition is the sincerest cooperation) a. ii. Acting to create and confirm relationships (rank, responsibility, roles, division of labor: characteristics mood of tension/excitement/fun, shared frame of reference c. i. Located in space and time (playground/stage, playtime/game-cock) c. ii. Bound by rules (not all is fair in play) c. iii. Unresolved possibilities (something at stake a score to settle, a champion to crown: structured improvisation d. i. Unite together behind the conclusion reached: play hypotheses, social life is born, grows, and develops as play a. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers