MGMT1021 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Implicit-Association Test, Career Development, Knowledge Sharing

26 views2 pages

Document Summary

Roughly 11% of us population born in another country a. ii. Minority expected to reach majority in 2042: access diverse customers / recruit top talent b. i. Understanding the unique perspectives and needs of diverse customer segments b. ii. Access customers who cant be reached through traditional sales channels b. iii. Communicate value of products and services that resonate with customers from diverse backgrounds b. iv. See people who are similar to them and feel confident that they wont be marginalized b. v. Perceive opportunities to grow and advance: diversity makes us smarter c. i. c. ii. Increased cognitive action: info sharing, creativity, innovation, better decisions. Whites in diverse groups, more lenient sentences to blacks c. iii. Firm performance: female rep in management increases firm multiples c. iv. Gauges people"s reaction time to specific pictures to see their prejudices: evidence of prejudice: resume studies b. i. Identical resumes except with male name b. i. 1. b. i. 2. b. i. 3. Identical resumes with white male vs. african-american names b. ii. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers