Asthma, localized anaphylaxis, systemic anaphylaxis, detection of hypersensitivity, treatment for allergies, hyposensitization (prevention), type II hypersensitivities, anaphylactoid reactions, type III hypersensitivities, type IV hypersensitivities

10 Pages
Unlock Document

Department
Microbio, Immun, Pathology
Course
MIP 342
Professor
Alan Schenkel
Semester
Spring

Description
3 MayType I clinical signs asthmaEarly response mediated by mast cells degranulationLate response thickened basement membraneType I clinical signs localized anaphylaxis atopySensitization 12 weeksShocking dose of allergen slowly distributedAtopin allergen often arrives at epithelial surfaceLocalized degranulation of mast cellsHay fever allergic rhinitis conjunctivitisRunny nose eyes sneezing coughing itchy eyes hivesThe common allergies found in dogs include flea allergy food allergy and atopy grass allergyType I clinical signs systemic anaphylaxis more seriousSensitization 12 weeksShocking dose of allergen rapidly distributedIntravenous more rapid than subcutaneousMassive degranulation of mast cellsSpecies differences in shock organs depend on location of mast cells and mediatorsLungshumans guinea pigs cattleHeartmiceLiver hepatic veinsdogsSigns of systemic anaphylaxis in a guinea pig
More Less

Related notes for MIP 342

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit