BIOL 1119 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Memory T Cell, Cytotoxic T Cell, T Helper Cell

38 views3 pages

Document Summary

Cellular immunity- form of specific response in which t cells directly attack and destroy diseased body cells. Four classes of t cells: cytotoxic t cells (tc cells): attack diseased body cells; called killer t cells (not same as. Cell id tag or genetic markers of biological self. Every single vertebrate has a structurally unique mc protein except for identical twins. The mhc proteins on the cell surface have a groove for holding either an endogenous normal or non-self-epitope (nonself- foreign, endogenous abnormal; self- endogenous normal: two classes of mhc proteins exist: Mhc i occurs on surface of every nucleated cell in the body. Antigen presentation: mhc-ii proteins display foreign epitopes, mhc-i proteins routinely display endogenous antigens made within a body cell. Endogenous normal epitope is packaged with mhc-i inside the cell and then the whole complex is transported to the surface of the cell. The body cell can display normal or abnormal endogenous epitopes in the grooves of mhc-i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers