PSYCH 221 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Normative Social Influence, Elaboration Likelihood Model, Listerine

33 views8 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Attitude is an evaluation of people, objects and ideas. People try very hard to change and influence people"s attitudes. Try to get someone to buy something or agree with something (ex: attitude toward abortion, gun laws, etc. ) Ex: when i see a snake, i feel tense or i love the taste of gatorade . Behavioral observe behavior toward object to infer attitude. Ex: i scream when i see a snake or i drink a lot of gatorade (conclusion: scared of snakes and must like gatorade) Snakes control the rodent population gatorade helps replace what is lost in sweat . Can be consistent or inconsistent with each other. Unconscious, unaware, sometimes due to childhood experiences or long ago. May influence behaviors that one is not monitoring (eye contact, nervousness) Ex: race iat compares whether you"re quicker to link european-americans with words associated with the concept bad and african-americans with words related to good or vice versa.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers