PSY 3304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Prosocial Behavior, Behavioural Genetics, Behaviorism

16 views11 pages

Document Summary

Personal traits, treatment of others, social responsibilities, concepts of justice. Moral principles parent hope their children learn. Any actions intended to benefit other people. You can be prosocial but not altruistic. I"ll scratch your back if you scratch mine. Concepts of morality evolve in social animals. We are hardwired with certain moral instincts. Ill scratch you if you scratch me. Ability to have emotions aroused by others" emotions. Do unto others as you want done to you . Morality seen in animals (monkey, cucumber, grape) Gets to decide how much to share with you. If you accept, you get money but if you refuse no one gets anything. People accept fair offers and reject unfair offers. Activates frontal areas involved in decision making and emotion areas related to anger and disgust. Children with autism do not perceive unfair intent of the offer. D/t deficits of tom and perspective taking ability. Prosocial behavior and empathic responding are partially heritable.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers