PSYC 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Design Of Experiments, Mnemonic, Naturalistic Observation

46 views3 pages

Document Summary

Experimental design: class study: totally random assignment both for control group and experimental group. Experimental group gets the mnemonic and the other does not. If the participants know that they got the mnemonic, they might memorize better just because they think they are getting aid. Also, important for the one (cid:272)o(cid:374)du(cid:272)ti(cid:374)g the stud(cid:455) to (cid:374)ot k(cid:374)o(cid:449) (cid:449)ho"s i(cid:374) (cid:449)hi(cid:272)h group because they might subconsciously affect the results to reinforce their hypothesis. Independent variable: dependent variable, operational definition, confounding variables- some other variable that is different across conditions, resulting in the patterns we see, e(cid:454). K(cid:374)o(cid:449)i(cid:374)g (cid:449)hi(cid:272)h group (cid:455)ou are pla(cid:272)ed i(cid:374) (o(cid:374)e has (cid:373)(cid:374)e(cid:373)o(cid:374)i(cid:272), o(cid:374)e does(cid:374)"t a(cid:374)d they might perform a specific way based on it: experimental designs, hypothesis. Independent variable: dependent variable, control group, experimental group. Intelligence overview: conceptualizing intelligence, genetic and environmental influences, group differences. What is intelligence: abilities to, reason abstractly, learn to adapt to novel environmental circumstances, acquire knowledge, benefit from experience.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers