MGMT 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Emotional Contagion, Organizational Commitment, Emotional Labor

51 views2 pages
22 Jun 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

What are the two factors: motivating factors a. i. Factors directly related to doing a job: achievement, recognition, work itself, responsibility, advancement, growth. a. ii. When present, they increase job satisfaction: hygiene factors b. i. Elements associated with conditions surrounding the job. b. ii. Improving hygienes does not increase satisfaction: what are the components of satisfaction, affective (evaluative) component. a. i. How you feel about something: cognitive component. b. i. 3. 1value-percept theory: dissatisfaction=(vwant-vhave) * vimportance: pay satisfaction, promotion satisfaction, supervision satisfaction, coworker satisfaction, satisfaction with the work itself (critical psychological states make work satisfying) e. i. Responsibility for outcomes: the degree they feel they are the key driver of the quality. e. iii. Knowledge of results: know how well they are doing e. iv. Identify five positive and five negative emotions. (affected event theory: moods: states of feeling that are often mild and not explicitly directed at or caused by anything. a. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers