First Type: If this… then that.
Present ▯ Present
1. If you study, you’ll pass the exam.
a. Se studi, _________________ l’esame.
2. If you eat too much, you get fat.
a. Se ________________ troppo, ___________________.
3. Come see me if you come to Florence.
a. Vieni a vedermi, se ___________ di Firenze.
Second Type: Hypothetical or Unlikely
Imperfect Subjunctive ▯Conditional
(s’s to b’s)
1. If I were you, I wouldn’t marry Cinzia.
a. __________________________________, non ______________ Cinzia.
2. I would live in Italy if I had the time.
a. _________________ in Italia se ______________ il tempo.
3. What would you do if your house burnt down?
4. If I were you, I would do the exercises.
Third type: Past Hypothetical, impossible outcome.
Trapassato ▯past conditional
S’s + past participle ▯b’s + past participle
1. If he had studied more, he would have passed the exam.
a. Se ________________ ___________________ di più, _____________
2. I wouldn't have cried if h