GEO 605 Study Guide - Maximum Capacity, Kimberlite, Chemical Free

101 views6 pages
3 Feb 2014
Department
Course

Document Summary

1981-2002: zinc mine: employed over 250 people, only 20 were from northern canada. Need employees who know how to operate machinery and have the mining skills. Mining companies are not required to offer training to their employees: 30% of resolute employment linked to the mine. Joe clark waived the ea if they shipped the ore using federally owned icebreaker nv arctic: completely bypassed environmental assessment, cost so much to transfer things down back to the south so they buried the infrastructure. Colomac mine: example of large site with single over-ride problem, open pit mining, for any mining operation in the north is diesel fuel. Using bacteria and other wetland techniques to remove the ammonia: rapid treatment (- million) Mechanically and chemically process the tailings: tailing relocation (- million) Relocating to safer location: alternative selection. Geo605 geography of the canadian north: federal government and aboriginal community agree that enhanced natural removal plus water management is the preferred alternative.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers