MHR 749 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Offshoring

62 views3 pages

Document Summary

No matter the approach, the process begins by looking at people at work. Job-based structures (most common) look at the tasks people are doing and expected outcomes, and person-based (skills and competency-based) structures look at the person. Job analysis: the systematic process of collecting info about the nature of specific jobs including the tasks, duties and responsibilities, knowledge and skills, and working conditions. It establishes similarities and differences in the content of jobs. It helps establish an internally fair and aligned job structure. A group of tasks performed by one person makes up a position. Broadly similar jobs combine into a job family. Job family: grouping of related jobs with broadly similar content, i. e. marketing, engineering, etc. Job: group of tasks performed by one person that make up the total work assignment of that person, i. e. customer support representative. Task: smallest unit of analysis, a specific statement of what a person does, i. e. answers the telephone.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers