NUTR 1010 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Low-Density Lipoprotein, Alcohol Dehydrogenase

52 views11 pages

Document Summary

Nutrition midterm with outline: fats and proteins were the most heavily covered since the last midterm and unfortunately i would make sure you know this material well (i. e. , digestion/absorption and functions). I would make sure you know inside and out different types of fats and their effects on cardiovascular disease, especially pertaining to ldl- and hdl-cholesterol levels. Cardiovascular disease is the disease of the heart, arteries and veins. Heart disease, high blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes. Caused by age, gender, family history, overweight, physically inactive, smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes and diet. Very low density lipoproteins: transport triglycerides to cells. Low density proteins: transport cholesterol to cells. I would consider reviewing protein deficiency and make sure you understand the concepts of complete, incomplete, and complimentary proteins. Protien energy malnutrition is the long term consumption of insufficient protein. Sacrifices are made: body breaks down muscle for amino acids, immune system affected, blood proteins, impaired nutrient transport and fluid balance.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers