- Tidal friction slowed rotation period until it matched orbital period
When someone observes the moon in 1st Quarter phase, the moon observes the
- In the 3rd Quarter Phase
What is true about the moon?
- The moon goes through a cycle of phases because it always has the
same side facing the Earth
Which object has the most kinetic energy?
- Ek = ½ mv^2 Æ Apply this
Gravitational Potential Energy
- Depends on Mass and Distance from Ground
- Nuclear Fusion of Hydrogen
- Orbital period and distance of one of JXSLWHU·VPRRQV
How does Orbital Period relate to average distance?
- Orbital Period = 2 x Average Distance ; P = 8, d avg = 4 AU
Temp = Average Kinetic Energy
Sublimation = Solid Phase to Gas Phase
Why is there not a solar eclipse at every full moon?
- 5 dHJUHHWLOWRI0RRQ·VRUELWWR(FOLSWLFSODQH
Centre of Mass of a Binary Star system
- Point at which both masses would balance if connected
Tidal friction slowed rotation period until it matched orbital period. When someone observes the moon in 1st quarter phase, the moon observes the. The moon goes through a cycle of phases because it always has the same side facing the earth. Depends on mass and distance from ground. Orbital period and distance of one of j:5907824438. Orbital period = 2 x average distance ; p = 8, d avg = 4 au. Centre of mass of a binary star system. Point at which both masses would balance if connected. Comparing the maximum altitude of the sun at two cities. From venus, earth looks in its full phase. 2/3 the way from the centre of galaxy. Shift to a shorter wavelength = blue shift = moving closer. Always emits more radiation per unit of sa than a cooler one. Remember, electrons do not orbit the nucleus like planets do the sun.