BIOL 1000 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Meiosis, Dna Replication, Polyadenylation

223 views3 pages
9 Feb 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Reading quiz 7: dna replication, gene expression and meiosis. In the genetic code, the codon cga encodes _______ . Select one: threonine, cysteine, arginine, alanine, serine. The correct answer is: translation of a polypeptide can occur before transcription of the mrna is finished. Select one: both metaphase i and metaphase ii, metaphase i, both prophase i and prophase ii, metaphase ii, prophase i, prophase ii. The structure labelled c in this figure of a replication fork represents. Select one: single-stranded binding protein, helicase, dna ligase, primase. Select one: intron splicing signal, initial attachment site for ribosomes, translation termination, polyadenylation of the 5" end of the mrna. The correct answer is: initial attachment site for ribosomes. A homologous chromosome pair is best described as two chromosomes having. The correct answer is: the same genes in the same order but which may have different alleles. Select one: initial attachment site for ribosomes, intron splicing signal, translation termination, protection from cytosolic enzymes.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers