EECS 1019 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Mathematical InductionExam
DepartmentElectrical Engineering and Computer Science
Course CodeEECS 1019
This preview shows page 1. to view the full 4 pages of the document.
MATH/EECS 1019 (Fall 2016)
• The exam is 80 minutes long
• You cannot use books, notes, cell phones or any other materials
• Please write your answers next to the questions and not on a separate sheet of
paper (you can use additional sheets for your own calculations)
Questions 1-11 are worth 1 point each.
1. Suppose f N → N has the rule f(n) = 4n + 1. Determine whether f is 1-1.
2. Suppose f N → N has the rule f(n) = 4n + 1. Determine whether f is onto
3. Suppose f Z → Z has the rule f(n) = 3n2 − 1. Determine whether f is 1-1.
4. Suppose f Z → Z has the rule f(n) = 3n − 1. Determine whether f is onto
In the questions below suppose g A → B and f B → C where A = B = C = 1234, g =
(14)(21)(31)(42) and f = (13)(22)(34)(42).
5. Find f g.
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version