HUMA 1920 Midterm: Male & female Relationship midterm 1

138 views8 pages

Document Summary

Article: globalization, corporate nationalism, and masculinity in canada: sport, molson. Definition: social contraction of masculinity though different types of national spaces and practices (i. e hockey in canada, soccer in europe). Masculinity emerges and is performed within national contexts and national identity may energy from and be performed within national contexts of masculinity. Conforming to where you are nationally in the world. Men adapt to the social setting they are in to construct/build up their masculinity (i. e watching hockey drinking beer) i. e molson beer advertising in canada --> ideal canadian man shown with women holding beer. Significance: there is a link between how consumer goods shape identity and how people, men fit into society. Global commodity (beer) used in a national context (canada) through a brand (molson) show how corporate nationalism shapes identities like masculinity. It establishes how the ideal male in social context should be an dhow to attain a desirable masculine identity.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers