ITEC 2600 Quiz: ITEC2600 Exercise 2Exam
Course CodeITEC 2600
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
ITEC2600 in-Class Exercises X.Zhou York University
Introduction to Analytical Programming
Lab Exercise ♯2
1. Redo all examples from class.
2. Create anonymous functions for the following math functions, where input argument(s) xor ycan be a
vector(use element-by-element operations).
(a) f(x) = ex2+1
(b) f(x, y) = 2x2−4xy +y3
Calculate f(x) given x= 2 and x= [1 2 3 4].
Calculate f(x, y) given x= 1, y = 2 and x= [1 2 3 4], y = [2 3 4 5].
3. Re-do Sales Example. Find out the most proﬁtable product and location.
4. 2-D plot. Plot the following functions in one ﬁgure window, add title and legend to graph.
f1(x) = 2x+ 1
f2(x) = x2−2
f3(x) = sin(2x−1), where x∈[−2π, 2π].
5. 3-D plot. Given function f(x, y) = x2+y−sin(xy), draw 3-D graph of contour, plot3, mesh, surface
on the intervals x∈[−2π, 2π] and y∈[−2π, 2π].
6. Add axis, legend and title to the graphs in question 3 and 4.
7. Re-do Temperature Example.
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version