[PSY 101] - Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam (100 pages long!)

261 views100 pages

Document Summary

Module 1: what is psychology: the two branches. Trained people to report elements of all of their experiences. Used to discover the mind"s structure from simple elements. Consider evolved functions of thoughts and feelings a. b. a. b. a. ii. a. ii. Focused on inner sensations, images, and feelings that are not observable. Observed response and ability to learn in new situations. Focused on how emotional responses to childhood experiences affected behavior: human psychology a. i. a. ii. Those who followed this rejected the behaviorist theory. Focused on the ways that current environmental influences either nurture or limit growth potential and importance of love and acceptance b. Examined how mind processes and retains information a. ii. Cognitive psychology- explores ways to perceive, process, and remember information a. i. 1. Helped psychologists to better understand disorders like depression. Cognitive neuroscience- merged the study of the mind with the study of a. ii. the brain: modern definition of psychology a. i. Psychology- the science of behavior and mental processes a. i. 1. a. i. 2.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers