PSYC 2000 : Final Information

11 views7 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

4/13/2016 4:40:00 pm: medical causes for psychological disorders, conceptualize the problem as being primarily within the client, similar to treating someone with a medical concern, diagnose remission , treatments are usually pharmacological, what are some problems you can foresee. Why: sex, people never got to talk about it, why is this not used much anymore, it didn"t really work, they would be in therapy for years and didn"t have much to show for it. Psychological: behavioral: we learn disordered behavior patterns through condition (learning from past experiences, example: johnny is having trouble at school. Psychological: cognitive: maladaptive ways of thinking, cognitive distortions: thoughts that are not accurate, i"m always wrong , i"ll never be lovable , they laugh at me whenever i try . Sociocultural: thinking and behavior are shaped by family, social groups, culture, we assess abnormality through a cultural lens, cultural syndromes in the dsm-5, cultural idioms of distress, cultural explanations, perceived cause.