OBHR 3310 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Reward System, Information System

41 views3 pages
OBHR
11-5
1. Culture
- High context vs. Low context
- High context: Situation is important, more behind (low contract)
- Low context: Explicit, more black and white, what is written. (high contract)
2. Managing Conflict
- Describe a situation and which of those you would use and why
- At this situation, I would adopt this conflict style and why.
- Thomas Kilman (Week 11 folder) Survey
- Whe is aoidig is good: Do’t hae tie, alread stressed out, rog settig. E. Speedig tiket
- Nothing is resolved
. Use Haka’s fraeork to diagose a tea? Would ou sa it is effetie ad ho ould ou
improve it? Give it a grade (A F).
- Hackman Summary (Week8)
- Week 8
- Diagnose the team you are working with
- Hackman on Teams
- how teams are structured and supported
- situations are different
- 6 mistakes managers make when working w/ teams
- 1. Use a team for work that is better done by individuals
- Exm. Too many chefs in the kitchen
- 2. Call the performing unit as team but really manage members as individuals
- 7% of all air trasportatio iidets ourred o the re’s first da flig together
- % of those aidet happeed o the re’s er first flight
- Airlines picked crews as a team together rather than individuals
- 3. Fall off the authority balance beam
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 3 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

High context: situation is important, more behind (low contract) Low context: explicit, more black and white, what is written. (high contract: managing conflict. Describe a situation and which of those you would use and why. At this situation, i would adopt this conflict style and why. Whe(cid:374) is a(cid:448)oidi(cid:374)g is good: do(cid:374)"t ha(cid:448)e ti(cid:373)e, alread(cid:455) stressed out, (cid:449)ro(cid:374)g setti(cid:374)g. e(cid:454)(cid:373). Diagnose the team you are working with. 6 mistakes managers make when working w/ teams. Use a team for work that is better done by individuals. Call the performing unit as team but really manage members as individuals. 7(cid:1007)% of all air tra(cid:374)sportatio(cid:374) i(cid:374)(cid:272)ide(cid:374)ts o(cid:272)(cid:272)urred o(cid:374) the (cid:272)re(cid:449)"s first da(cid:455) fl(cid:455)i(cid:374)g together. (cid:1008)(cid:1008)% of those a(cid:272)(cid:272)ide(cid:374)t happe(cid:374)ed o(cid:374) the (cid:272)re(cid:449)"s (cid:448)er(cid:455) first flight. Airlines picked crews as a team together rather than individuals. Find a way to manage (give more direction or give less) Dismantle existing organizational structures so that teams will be fully empowered to accomplish their work.